Please note that the Attendance Office is now located in the Main Office.
- Absences – If your student will be absent, please call the attendance line at 924-3869 x3232 to report the absence and reason for the absence on the morning of the absence.
- If you are unable to call in the absence, please send a note for re-admitting your student.
- Mrs. Ellis, our Attendance secretary, will attempt to call the parent/guardian of each absent student to notify them of the absence, if we do not hear from you.
- Tardies – if your student will be tardy for an excused reason (early morning medical/dental apt, car problems, ill, family emergency, etc.), please send them in with a note that includes the reason or call Mrs. Ellis at 924-3869 x3232. All tardy students need to stop at the front office window for an admit slip.
- If a student has three (3) unexcused tardies to class or school within a two week period, it will result in a disciplinary consequence.
- Dismissals – If your student needs to be dismissed during the day, please have him/her bring a note with the reason for dismissal. They should bring the note to the main office upon arrival to school for a dismissal slip. When leaving school at their dismissal time, they need to sign out in the main office, and if they return, they need to sign back in.
- In the event of an unexpected need for a student’s release. Please call Mrs. Ellis at 924-3869; ext. 3232 as early as possible.
- If a student becomes ill during the day, he/she must report to the health office to be assessed by the school nurse. Students cannot be dismissed if they are ill without going through the nurse in order that symptoms can be documented for data collection.
- Pre-Approved Absences – If a student will be absent for three (3) consecutive days, they are required to fill out a pre-approved absence form. This form must be signed by the parent/guardian, the teachers and the guidance counselor and returned to Mrs. Ellis.
- The form is required to be submitted at least three (3) days in advance of the anticipated absences.
Parents and students are reminded that students are expected to make arrangements to complete all work missed. It is encouraged that all absences applied for will be for necessary and/or unavoidable reasons.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Mrs. Ellis at 924-3869 x3232