What’s the best resource for college planning?
Your counselor. Meet with them. Often!
ConVal uses Naviance to allow counselors, parents, and students to keep track of the college application process.
Naviance is a web-based resource for students and parents that encourages and supports post high school career and college planning. The features in Naviance provide students and parents with an efficient method to submit and monitor their college information in an effective and timely manner. Naviance will communicate with Common App and will be the conduit for applying to most colleges, including soliciting teacher and counselor recommendations and sending transcripts. Naviance will also be the platform for all scholarship applications.
Visit the Naviance page for more information and tutorials. See your counselor for log in information.
College Search Programs
College Admissions Reps at ConVal
About 35 college admissions representatives from all across New England visit ConVal in the fall. Students can sign up in Naviance – sophomores and juniors are invited to attend as well.
The New Hampshire mini college fair is held in early September at ConVal. Sign up in Naviance.
College Admissions Testing
Sign up and take the SAT and/or ACT … Ideally these tests should be completed by December of your senior year. Colleges will not accept test scores from ConVal so it is your responsibility to have those scores sent directly to the colleges from the testing organization.
Test fee waivers are available for those who qualify. See your counselor if paying for these tests would be a hardship.
College Application Process – Seniors
Already decided on where you want to apply? Here are some important steps to keep your paperwork in order and meet deadlines.
- Meet with your school counselor often. We are here to help you through this process.
- Students who plan to apply Early Decision or Early Action should get started ASAP as the deadlines are as early as October.
- Complete the Senior Profile Form. This can be found in the “About Me” tab in Naviance.
- Create an account on Common App and begin your application. If the college(s) you are applying to are not on the Common App, identify how you will be applying and begin those applications. You will then select colleges in Naviance and indicate the “college I am applying to”.
- In Naviance, request your transcripts to the college(s) when you are ready to submit your application.
- Request letters of recommendations from counselor and teachers will be made through Naviance.
- Keep your counselor in the loop in person and through Naviance.
- Send your SAT or ACT scores through CollegeBoard or ACT. ConVal does not include scores on transcripts so it must be done through these organizations.
Students who are considering a Division I or II sport must register with the NCAA Clearinghouse.