On Saturday, the ConVal Equestrian Team competed in the first show of this season. All NH State High School Equestrian Teams started practicing in February and will participate in a total three shows where the highest-scoring riders will then compete in a state competition.
ConVal’s team is open to riders grades 7-12. Practices are held out of the Kilkenny Horse Center in Greenfield. The team is coached by Kathy Kelly and Dawn Catalanotti.
Saturday’s competition had to end early due to weather conditions, but many of our team’s riders were able to compete and we had multiple ConVal riders placing. The riders who did not get to compete will be able to make up the missed classes in the next show.
ConVal’s team has 12 riders of varying grades and riding experience. The team captain is Anthea Curtis, a senior at CVHS. Other riders are: Emily Casey-Hughes, Abigail Hackett, Ryanne Hennessy, Delaney Ingalls, Lucy Jackson, Mariah Kiblin, Aubree Lamothe, Ellie Smith, Norah Smith, Rebekah Southwick, and Addison Traffie.
Congratulations to the following CV Equestrian Team members who placed in their classes:
- Emily Casey-Hughes, 1st place in 2’3″ Equitation over fences
- Rebekah Southwick, 3rd place in 2’3″ Equitation over fences
- Rebekah Southwick, 4th place 2’3″ jumpers
- Emily Casey-Hughes, 5th place 2’3″ jumpers
- Nora Smith, 2nd place WT Dressage Test A
- Aubree Lamothe, 4th place WT Dressage Test A
- Nora Smith, 4th place WT Dressage Test B
The next shows, which take place at the Tack Shack in Freemont, will be held on April 23 and May 7, with the state show scheduled for May 22.