The New Hampshire Association of World Language Teachers (NHAWLT) has named “Frau” Cindi Hodgdon as the 2016 Teacher of Excellence.
This honor comes in recognition of the many outstanding contributions that Ms. Hodgdon has made to world language instruction at ConVal High School over the years. Among them are:
- truly outstanding and innovative instruction in the classroom that maximizes student motivation and achievement
- extensive use of native speakers, both through face-to-face classroom visits by native speakers and through Skype teleconferencing technology
- successful management of the foreign exchange program with the Akademisches Gymnasium in Salzburg, Austria, which is now in its 18th year
- introducing a STEM perspective to German classes, e.g. by establishing links to the EuroTech Program at the University of Connecticut
- organizing field trips to the Goethe Institut in Boston, UMass Amherst, and the Neue Galerie in New York City, among many others
Ms. Hodgdon learned of her selection as the NHAWLT Teacher of Excellence at the organization’s annual conference at the end of October. She will be officially honored at the New Hampshire Excellence in Education (EDies) Awards Ceremony. The ceremony is scheduled for June 10, 2017 at the Center of New Hampshire in Manchester.