Dear ConVal Graduates and Families,
ConVal’s graduation on August 8, 2020 at 6:00 pm is just around the corner! We would like to take this opportunity to provide you with some important information and logistics regarding this exciting event.
August 8th ConVal Graduation:
- Graduation is on the football field.
- Graduates and their 2 family members will be sitting together.
- Everyone attending and/or participating in graduation is required to wear a mask.
- Graduates – wear a mask to CV; we will have a special one for you to wear during graduation!
**We would like to ask all graduates and family members to self-screen prior to coming to ConVal High School on August 8th. If you are showing any symptoms or have a temperature, please do NOT attend graduation.
- There will be staggered arrival times beginning at 4 pm
- Graduates and their family will arrive in one vehicle.
- Families will be limited to 2 individuals. While we know this will be hard, please understand that during these difficult times it is important to adhere to CDC guidance.
- All family members and graduates must check in together at their designated time.
- Names will be verified by a list generated from the RSVP form referenced in this letter.
- Keep social distancing (6 feet) throughout the check-in process; there will be ground marks to assist you in this.
- The graduation ceremony will begin promptly at 6:00 pm.
- Guests must remain in their seating area throughout the ceremony.
- Professional photographs will be taken of each graduate and will be available for purchase.
- Graduates in rows will be asked to stand. (Example: Row 1 – please stand).
- Using proper social distancing (6 feet – with ground marks to help) a class marshall will escort the line to the appropriate starting point.
- The graduate’s name will be called, that student will walk onto the stage, pick up their diploma, walk off the stage, pick up one yellow rose, and return to their seat all while maintaining social distancing of 6 feet at all times.
End of Ceremony:
- At the end of the ceremony, families and graduates must immediately return to their vehicles and leave the parking lot.
- We cannot have any congregating on the field or in the parking lot.
- We understand that there are a lot of rules and protocols to follow; however, it is our intention to give you as normal a graduation as possible.
Please follow this link to RSVP for graduation. It is imperative we know who is coming so we can plan for arrival times and seating for everyone. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of rain, graduation will be held on Sunday, August 9th at 6:00 pm.
Thank you for your understanding during these trying times.
Deb Coyne & Judy Heddy
Graduation Committee Advisors