September 8, 2021
Good Afternoon ConVal Community,
We were informed today of a case of COVID-19 at ConVal High School (CVHS). We contacted, worked with, and followed guidelines from the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (NH DHHS) to determine if any staff or students had close contact. Thanks to the vigilance of the family, staff, and students, no individuals within the school community met NH DHHS’s definition of close contact, and we are able to continue our present programming at CVHS.
The staff and students of CVHS, as well as staff and students in all of the District’s schools, continue their focus on implementing the mitigation strategies outlined in the District’s Reopening and Recovery Plan which align with NH DHHS’s recommended precautions to prevent the spread of the disease:
- Get vaccinated, for those who are eligible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid high risk locations, especially ones that are indoors and crowded, and where people are unable to maintain physical distance from others.
- If there is substantial community transmission in your area, wear a cloth face covering that covers your mouth and nose to protect others when in public areas.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home and seek testing if you have a fever or are not feeling well.
To learn more about COVID-19, please check these resources:
New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services https://www.covid19.nh.gov/welcome
United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.